12 Steps For Mitigating Water Damage Service in Your Home
Water damage can be a costly and devastating problem, but following these simple steps can help minimize the damage and prevent more serious problems down the road. Here are six steps for water damage service in your home.
- Act quickly: The sooner you can address the water damage, the better. Time is of the essence when it comes to water damage; the longer water sits, the more damage it can do.
- Find the source of the leak and stop it: Once you’ve stopped the flow of water, you can begin to clean up and dry out the affected areas.
- Remove any standing water: Use a wet/dry vac or mop to remove as much water as possible from carpets, floors, etc.
- Begin drying out the affected areas: Open windows and doors to allow for air circulation and place fans in strategic locations to help speed up the drying process. If possible, use a dehumidifier to further remove moisture from the air.
- Clean and disinfect all affected areas: Thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces that have come into contact with water, including walls, floors, furniture, etc.
- Monitor the affected areas for signs of mold or mildew: If mold or mildew begins to develop, take immediate action to remediate the problem.
- Check for any structural damage: If there is any suspicion of structural damage, it is important to have a professional assess the situation as soon as possible.
- Have a water damage restoration company perform an inspection: After taking all of the necessary steps to clean up and dry out the affected areas, it is always a good idea to have a professional water damage restoration company perform an inspection to ensure that all of the moisture has been removed and that there is no risk of further problems.
- Monitor the area for any continuing problems: Even after taking all of the necessary steps to mitigate water damage, it is important to monitor the area for any signs of continuing problems. If you suspect that there is still moisture present or that mold or mildew is beginning to develop, don’t hesitate to take action.
- Call in the professionals: If you’re still having trouble getting rid of moisture or if mold or mildew is starting to become a problem, it’s time to call in the professionals. A water damage restoration company can help you remove any remaining moisture and ensure that your home is safe and healthy.
- Follow up with your insurance company: After taking all of the necessary steps to mitigate water damage, be sure to contact your insurance company to file a claim. They can help you cover the cost of any repairs or replacements that may be necessary.
Following these simple steps can help minimize the damage caused by water damage and prevent more serious problems from developing. If you suspect that your home has sustained water damage, don’t hesitate to call in a professional for an inspection and to begin the restoration process.
CONTACT MAMMOTH RESTORATION
Mammoth Restoration works with home and business owners throughout Flagstaff and Northern Arizona, insurance companies, the State of Arizona, various law enforcement entities, and other licensed contractors. Call us today for your restoration and remediation needs.
Mammoth Restoration works with home and business owners, insurance companies, the State of Arizona, various law enforcement entities, and other licensed contractors